Saturday, December 2, 2017

A Simple Banner

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card post uses a new stamp and die set that intrigued me.


The printed paper is Recollections Retro Christmas layered on a mirrored red of unknown origin.  The vertical element is more mirrored red textured with Sizzix Thin Ice embossing folder.  The sentiment is Avery Elle Hanging Banners cut with the coordinating die from Colorbök Neutral Cardstock and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishment is the wreath die from the Avery Elle Hanging Banners die cut from American Crafts Evergreen Holly Glitter Paper.  The ribbon, from the same set, is die cut from a felted red of unknown origin.

I love all the elements in this card but wish I'd come up with a better layout.  I had originally hoped to add die cut ribbons to the upper corners of the die cut banner but it just didn't have enough reveal space.  It would have worked better on the horizontal but I'd already committed to a vertical card with the embossed center element.  It's not a bad card, I'd just hoped for something a little different.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment