Monday, February 5, 2018

So Precious

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a sympathy card commissioned by a girlfriend.


The printed paper is Graphic 45 "Little Darlings" Precious Posy layered on Close To My Heart Smoothie and a green Bazzill.  The sentiment is Verve Forever In Our Hearts stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Smoothie and green Bazzill.  The butterfly is cut from more Smoothie with Joy Crafts Vintage Flourishes 6003/0023 die.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Bitty Pearl Opaques.

This card was crafted for the family of a newborn baby girl.  I've never been asked to craft such a sympathy card and I thought about it for quite a while before I started crafting.  While the occasion is extraordinarily sad, I didn't feel it would be appropriate to use dark and somber colours.  I chose this pink and green printed paper because it isn't especially 'baby' but is still sweet and pretty.  The sentiment is extremely heartfelt and I think expresses the wishes of my girlfriend.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment